Date: January 24th, 2011
Time: 7:15 AM PST
Status: Prepping for Meeting with Surgeon
Info: When we first met with the Nurse Navigator at Sutter Health on Friday, 1/14 we learned to make a list of questions for the surgeon when we finally meet. You may remember a blog entitled “Read, Learn, Question” recently posted. Well, it turns out I really don’t have as many questions as I previously thought. The questions I have currently are posted below in a draft state and in no particular order.
Please think about any questions we are not asking by posting them on the comments section. – Thank you.
- How much of the breast will be removed & what cosmetic side effects can Bonnie expect from radiation therapy?
- Is there a possibility of more than one lumpectomy, or does additional lumpectomies constitute a mastectomy?
- Can Bonnie expect permanent numbness in the lumpectomy area?
- Can you prescribe post-surgery arm & shoulder exercises to prevent stiffness in that area?
- Can we donate blood for surgery. Is this an option?
- Please explain immediate reconstruction if a mastectomy is necessary relating to using her own tissues or synthetic implants.
- Are you experienced with axillary lymph node dissection (should it be necessary)?
- Can you provide a list of qualified plastic surgeons (should they be necessary)?
I have a number of internal questions, more like things I need as they are related to the insurance company.
Class begins in thirty minutes. We meet with the surgeon for questions only on 1/26.
Keep her close you guys,